Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Woody Bailey's Appearence

Wooooo, just before practice yesterday I got to take a good look at the technical skills acquired by the 98 girl's B Team ( Jackie and Cliff Head Coach) the girls were having fun displaying their skills and you could see it in their faces.

Throughout the winter the GU12 B Team participated in Wood Bailey's Soccer School and I noticed from the last time I saw them a dramatic shift and focus on the girls foot work and confidence. The balance, hesitation, direction change and purpose the girls displayed with the ball on the field or even in a 1V1 situation captured my attention.


I've known Woody for quite a few years where he has always had the naturally soccer technical foot work that eventual allowed him to receive a school scholarship into University where he could continue developing his soccer skills.

Now, Woody is focusing on transferring his technical soccer knowledge over to youth players that are interested on developing total control of the ball. I was very interested and excited to have our girls exposed to Woody's soccer program so, I called him last night and through our conversation he has agreed on making a guest appearance for us tonight.

Here is a few video clips of what Woody will be displaying for us this evening... enjoy. :)

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

No comments:

Post a Comment