Sunday, September 26, 2010

The End

Tomorrow will be the end of our season and the end of my time as head coach of the Erin Mills 97 Rising Eagles Soccer Team. It was a two year challenge I took on, not knowing what was to come as I looked to develop soccer players, interact with parents and grow as a budding soccer coach.

I will definably miss coaching this team and over coming peoples expectations of what they believe is possible. In 2008 the Erin Mills Rep "C" team finished second from the bottom in the second division with a Terra raking of 130.

In 2009 I was presented the team and became head coach - in which I set a two year goal to have this team advance into the premier division. With an ambitious goal and new image they became the Erin Mills 97 Rising Eagles.

In that year we went on to win the 2009 OrangeVille Storm tournament Vs Dixie "A" team and finished second in the SRSL Second division earning a promotion to the first division heading into 2010. Our mid season Terra Ranking climbed to 109.



With my committed approach to soccer development and team play - heading into the 2010 summer season found the Erin Mills 97 Rising Eagles welcoming ten new players, building chemistry and searching for consistency in a more competitive first division.

The teams fifth place finish at the end of the season was indicative and in my opinion not over achieved but fare. We had more of a winning record Vs the top four teams than we had with the bottom four teams. However the teams Terra Ranking showed Erin Mills 97 Rising Eagles finishing the 2010 summer season in good standing with a ranking of 68.


All in all it was a two year coach experience I will never forget, my goal of getting this team into the Premier SRSL division was definably possible and maybe still achievable - all depending on what the league structure will implement.

I would like to say thank you, to all players admin and those that supported Erin Mills 97 Rising Eagles. I wish you all the best of luck with your soccer choices and great fortune as the years role by.

Coach
Don

Hey, if you would like to say good bye then this is the time - for your say.

No comments:

Post a Comment